Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Clueless Cookies...


As Cher Horowitz once brilliantly declared, you should always have something baking when a boy comes over...or when you live with him for that matter. 

I've been told that baking is an exact science.  Precise measurements, process, order, blah blah....BORING!  I've never been one for math, science or exactness.  I spent most of my life following my father around a kitchen, where he taught me to cook with my senses instead of recipes.  If you want to change something, you use your instincts and your taste-buds.  Needless to say, my creative impulses have ruined many a baked good.

When I made these up, I took the standard Nestle Tollhouse recipe and added to it with reckless abandon. I put the dough into the oven and held my breath. 13 minutes later deliciousness emerged. This time, the only disaster that occurred was how many calories I consumed, ugh! 
Seriously though, so tasty.

The recipe takes about 25 minutes and yields about 40 cookies. I usually cook half the dough and freeze the other half...  it's best to be prepared to bake...just like Cher told me.

*for those of you who don't know who Cher Horowitz is, go watch 'Clueless' right now. If you don't know what Clueless is, we may no longer be friends... also check out these 22 Life Lessons from Cher



INGREDIENTS
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract (for nut-free households, you can use vanilla here)
2 large eggs
2 cups of chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup of chopped walnuts

In a bowl on the side, mix all dry ingredients. In a kitchen mixer, beat the eggs, butter +extract together until they become airy in texture. Little by little, add the dry ingredients while the mixer is turning, until everything is evenly mixed. Spoon drop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and put into a 350 degree oven for 10-13 minutes (when you notice they are golden brown, take them out)

Happy baking, y'all!
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment