Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Current Obsessions...

I have slight obsessions.  Apparel obsessions. Food obsessions.  Home style obsessions.
These are my summer obsessions:


Salomon XR Mission Trail Runners -
All of my outdoor exploration time this summer in Salomon trail runners has been AWESOME.  They give feet a supportive cushion without being too bulky. The zip cord closure is great for quick on and off, and the little tongue pocket is great for stashing my GPS shoe pod.  The tread is perfect on intermediate trails, and flat trail running. Plus, the colors and design are so cool!
Initially I was going to use the web photo here since mine
are dirty...then I realized, dirt is a badge of honor, rock it!!!

Customized Commuter Mug by Snapfish -
This travel mug is good for the environment and the soul. Mine's from my best friend, who gave it to me at my bon voyage party. I miss her every single day, but seeing the hilarious pics on the mug as I sip my green tea in the morning always makes me smile. The screw on top and flip clip lid help a klutz like me prevent spills.

Proof that the photo commuter mug is not just for parents!
Fresh Apricots -
Last week in Seattle, Tyler and I met his sister at a Hawaiian inspired restaurant for dinner. One of our appetizers had fresh apricots. I totally forgot how yummy they are.  'Tis the season for these sweet-tart fuzzy little fruits, so get some now! (Oh, and if you're ever in West Seattle, check out Ma'ono Restaurant, it's incredible).
Clean & Bright!
Safari inspired decor -
I have been interested in safari decor since Ralph Lauren made it chic in the 90's.  But translating that into my coastal style has been difficult.  Until I spotted these friendly faces.
Antelope: Home Goods, Elephant: Anthropologie, Masks: Ty's personal collection
Get wild!
Lulu Lemon, Run Speed Shorts-
I have 2 pairs of these cutie short-shorts. I love them for boot-camp, dog walking, hiking, yoga, stand up paddle boarding, even swimming in a pinch.  I adore the lightweight fabric, breezy rear-end vents, back zip pocket and great styling. 
Hint: I buy them one size bigger because I prefer a roomier leg and low slung fit.
Keep cool in these cuties!
Decorating with words -
Words are beautiful. They look fresh, clean and witty.  Neighborhood maps of Seattle and Boston have been on my "must have" list for the apartment for months, and finally picked them up at a Pike Place Map Store last week. These pillows from ETSY make me smile.
I am a wordy girl (if you haven't noticed)
Nautical wrists-
People know that I love to keep my wrists stacked, which is probably why I keep receiving these!
Top to bottom: Chevron Anchor watch - unknown brand, Lemon&Line Chatham Bracelet, KJP Cape Knot Bracelet, Madewell rope hair ties
Nauti & Knotty
Jack Rogers, Georgica Sandal - 
I wore 2 pairs of the classic Navajo style over 10 years until they disintegrated. I love these so much more. Georgica has the same timeless styling , the cork and gold go with everything, and they're more comfortable with a smooth sole.  I like to think Jackie O would approve!
Sole-mate


Orange is the New Black, Netflix Series-
The cast is perfect. Characters are so well developed and relate-able. Sometimes I believe Piper to be an accurate portrayal of me in jail (because I have absolutely NO street cred)... but I digress. Just watch this if you haven't, that's all.


Happy obsessing!
Bee










No comments:

Post a Comment