Thursday, September 10, 2015

Wardrobe RX

Labor Day Weekend has come and gone.  The sun has started coming up later and setting earlier. There is an undeniable change in the air...Autumn has officially begun in the Pacific Northwest.  This is my first Fall season spent here, and while I strive to maintain my East Coast style, my lifestyle here, atop a misty mountain ridge, will inevitably dictate some more functional wardrobe choices going forward.  Less heels more rain boots...you get the picture.

Time for a calculated and judicious adult wardrobe.  One that values quality over quantity.  If I don't LOVE it and it doesn't have a GREAT fit, don't buy it. I think that Fall is the perfect season to turn over a new leaf (hahah, pun intended).

With this in mind, I cleaned out my closet yesterday.  I was very disciplined this time around, being sure to let go of items I just don't wear anymore, no matter how much I loved wearing them when I was 28.  No matter how expensive they were (oops!).  I also took the opportunity to get rid of  the worn out stuff too.  You know, the items you keep for yard work, or to wear to bed.  I was like Elsa, letting it all go!

Now, how to fill the Fall wardrobe gaps?  I'm thinking lots of classic East Coast Prep mixed with Pac-Northwest approved flannel, denim and plaids.




Grey flannel skirt - J Crew Factory
Perfectly paired with feminine heels and a button down for work or with tall boots and a sweater for a casual weekend in the city.


Hooded Kasson Parka - Penfield
In the Nortwest they say "there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad gear". This Penfield parka is tough, weather proof and stylish to boot.  Oh, and Penfield is a Massachusetts based company: BONUS!

Red Rain Boots - Hunter "Original Tall" 
Now, I know that already have a very well-loved pair of Hunter Green Hunters.  However, given the length of the rainy season here (October- June) I think this red pair will come in pretty handy, and add some brightness to the foggy weather.


Intense Blue Plaid Popover - J Crew Factory
This shirt has all of my favorites - blue white and plaid.  Great worn with jeans and boots, tucked into that grey skirt mentioned above, or worn with slacks and layered with a statement necklace.


Plaid Boy Shirt - J Crew
Flannel, in the Northwest...need I say more?


Flannel Boyfriend Shirt - J Crew'
I adore this flannel, it is great for the transitional months of September and May with it's summer-ish colors.  But still cozy enough to look great under a heather grey cable knit in late November!


Super Soft Vest - Pink Pineapple Shop
These vests are AWESOME.  They layer well over flannels and long sleeve shift dresses on mild days, and are thin enough to wear under coats in colder weather.  I already have a collection (beige, red and buffalo plaid) from J Crew.  Last week, I found this version from Pink Pineapple Shop in Rhode Island for a much nicer price.  I ordered the army green. It  just arrived yesterday and the fit and quality is superb!


Bucket Bag - Pink Pineapple Shop
Any excuse to carry a big bag, I am especially drawn to the gold hardware on this timeless tote.  And the price can't be beat! Sure to be a favorite for years to come.


Tan Swing Trench - Vineyard Vines
Classic trench style with a swinging twist.  Not shown: the ADORABLE blue and white gingham details in the lining.  Perfect for those sunny and mild early fall days, this would look fab layered with chambray, black pants and a blanket scarf!


Blue Jean Blanket Wrap - Pink Pineapple Shop
The oversized scarf that everyone had last year just got a make-over.  This color palette is fresh and bright, and will be perfect for keeping cozy by the bonfire on a crisp October night.


Negev Shawl Cardigan - Anthropologie
Easy to wear, beautiful neutral tones and cozy to boot! Also, great for hiding your bum in leggings. Ladies, you all know what I am talking about!


Boyfriend Broken In Jeans - J Crew
I am really into destroyed denim, always have been.  This boyfriend cut from J Crew is great, slouchy but not baggy.  And I am a sucker for the  lighter brighter washes this season.



Plaid Shirtdress - Old Navy
This plaid shirt dress goes from work to happy hour in a snap.  I'd wear it with a popped collar, layered with a long cardigan and suede flats.  Transitions well into cooler days by adding olive green leggings or tights.



Ribbed Boatneck Sweater - J Crew
Soft, with great movement, this pullover is a great way to get that cozy look without adding too much bulk.


Neutral Striped Tunic - Old Navy
I have been on the hunt for a good striped long sleeve dress for fall.
Mix it up:
1. tall boots and anorak jacket.
2. Chuck Taylors, cropped jean jacket and baseball hat
3. suede driving shoes, quilted vest and long necklaces


Happy dressing!
xoxo
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment