Friday, September 25, 2015

WASHINGTON - I live here now, and it's incredible!

I will always be a Massachusetts girl at heart. From the salty shores of Cape Cod, to the historical maze-like streets of Boston {that I can navigate like the back of my hand}, I am at my core, a New Englander.

As I {slowly} moved across the country over the past year and a half, I doubted if I would ever truly feel at home outside of the ever-quaint New England bubble.  Chicago was an amazing city, and I learned so much about the mid-west, BIG city living, and what it's like to consume a TON OF PIZZA. We lived in the most charming apartment in the most charming part of Lincoln Park, but somehow, it always felt like I was visiting, and never like home.

In May when we moved to Issaquah, WA {just 20 miles East of Seattle in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains} I assumed it would feel the same as Chicago: nice enough, but not quite as good as home. With the hustle of wedding planning, the chaos of moving-in and immediately traveling to the East Coast for business, it was hard to feel settled.  But as the dust settled from the wedding, I finally had chance to slow down and truly enjoy everything this place has to offer.

 The wildlife, natural beauty and endless adventure that we have here is truly unmatched and motivates me to get out and enjoy every last drop of sunlight.   Close to the conveniences of suburbia and the excitement of an uber cool city {Seattle ROCKS!} but far removed enough to be in our own world {seriously, no cell service and wifi moves at a snails pace). 

I'd be lying if I said that watching our dog enjoying all the open space here didn't make my heart burst with joy. She chases every bunny, sniffs endlessly in the woods, and basks in the sunshine.  I'm calling it her "retirement years".

What I enjoy most of all, though, is that this is where we are starting our marriage.  This special place is filled with romance!  Chilly nights spent in Adirondack chairs by the bonfire watching the stars...swinging in a hammock under twinkle lights to enjoy a night cap...trail running together every day with the dog...we are the cheesiest newly-wed stereotype ever. Can you blame us though? We are so blessed to be in this gorgeous corner of the universe.














Even the spider webs are gorgeous here, especially in the morning light 





yes, this is a real live 300 lb black bear in our back yard eating plums 30 feet from our back door 



Home is where your boots are.


 Winter heating system


This gentleman was very interested in me 

My trusty adventure-mobile








Happy Living!
xoxo,
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment