Saturday, June 28, 2014

Watermelon Summer Sipper

A few days ago, the mid-western humidity had me craving a refreshment of the adult variety, a common affliction for me this time of year. It was a specific craving. Something cold.
Something fruity, but not artificial. Something colorful.
Then, it hit me. 

My watermelon-strawberry refresher* was precisely what I craved...err, just with a splash of Tequila. So to the kitchen I went, channeling my inner mixologist all the way.
* refresher featured in last week's "Five Days of Breakfast" post

The result tasted like summer in a glass...I hope y'all find the results as irresistible as I did!




5 cups fresh seedless watermelon - cubed
2.5 cups fresh local strawberries - hulled
2 tsp agave syrup
4 oz Espolon Blanco Tequila
Fresh spearmint leaves
(make sure all ingredients are well chilled before blending)

Muddle 2 larger mint leaves in 3 chilled glasses and set in freezer
In blender, liquefy the watermelon+strawberries+agave. 
Once blended, add tequila, give it one more quick buzz in the blender
and pour into the prepared glassware.
(serves 3-4 depending on glass size)


Happy drinking!

Cheers,
Bee

1 comment: