Thursday, June 19, 2014

Buzzing- The trouble with being busy

I've been buzzing around a lot the past few months.
Moving
Traveling 
Working
Planning
Errands
Trying new recipes
Getting back in shape....woof!



I knooooowww that we leave in 5 days for 2.5 weeks of exploration and adventure in the Great Pacific Northwest. It will be so restful and refreshing. But...today, I just want to put my to-do list on the back burner, slow down and think. 



There's been tons of buzz lately about our culture's obsession with busyness. The Busy Trap - Article in the NY Times and Why You Need to Stop Bragging About How Busy You Are  on FastCompany shed some light on the epidemic. What do you do to slow down and recharge?

Slow day Agenda (I said slow down, not avoid planning):
  • Breakfast: that's as tasty and nutritious as it is pretty
  • A long walk through a new neighborhood with Mae
  • Reading in the park
  • Flexing my creative muscles with a little art project
  • Mixing up a batch of cocoa-nut bars


xoxo,
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment