Monday, August 24, 2015

You are cordially invited...

Disclaimer: Let me start off this post by saying that since elementary school, I have had an unusual obsession with all things stationary related.  Back to school supply shopping day was always a thrill (I know, HUGE dork right here).  I would fully plan a color scheme for all of my notebooks, corresponding folders, pencil case and other such accoutrements to keep my schoolwork both organized AND stylish.  So, naturally, given this penchant for paper goods, you can understand my excitement when it came time to plan the wedding stationary suite.

 So, I got the ring, we popped the bubbly, picked a place and date.  Now, the real fun could begin!!

I seriously considered designing our own paper suite for the wedding, since I LOVE STATIONARY so much.  But ultimately we decided against it, because of my thorough cost benefit analysis (ie: we don't have a printer, would have to find and buy the cardstock, envelopes and appropriate ink, and I found DARBY*CARDS!!)

I started my search on ETSY for the perfect design for our save-the-dates.  We decided on simple design, using varied fonts, utilizing navy blue and hunter green (our wedding colors), and since the outdoors were going to be so much a part of our wedding, we knew that we wanted to include a simple motif such as a pine tree, antlers or mountains.  After a few minutes, I stumbled on Darby's shop, and it was ADORABLE. Lots of lovely cards, witty words, and pretty fonts.

Darby was so wonderful to work with, that we ended up using her to do our wedding invitations, response cards, jam jar labels, rehearsal dinner invitations, thank you cards and wedding ceremony programs.  She was super efficient, knowledgeable, fairly priced and totally got our wedding!




Darby*Cards has customized cards and invitations for all occasions, and I highly recommend checking out her shop for any of your pretty paper needs (spoiler alert: we'll for sure be ordering our holiday cards from her this year!)
In addition to the beautiful pieces that Darby created for the wedding, we also had a few DIY elements that I tied in with color, similar fonts, our wedding logo and the mountain motif. So my creative side got to come out and play a little, too!







Cheers!
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment