Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Confession: I watch (and love) commercials


In an era where DVR is the norm, commercials have become a forgotten gem. We live in a DVR free household, part of our attempt to "live in the moment"- no it's not, I'm lying. We're just cheap.

So, for today's post, I'd like for all you DVR devotees to see what you're missing in the world of television advertising. Here's a peek at some of my favorites:

10: Subaru: Jr Driver - This kid is comedic genuis.  


9. Subway: Crop Fit - This is so punny!


8. HoneyMaid: Wholesome Families - Oh jeeze, I, I think there's something in my eye...


7. iPhone 5S: Fitness - The song alone is worth the watch, (originally written for President Kennedy's 1962 President's Council on Physical Fitness) but it also gets me motivated...to buy more fitness apps, not actually exercise (duh!)

6. Chevy Lifelong - seriously, get the tissues...

5. Geico: Happier than Paul Revere with a cell phone - Ole' Paul liked charades, who knew?

4. Geico: This little Piggy - Weeeeeeeeeee! Geico always nails it.  Always.


3. Applegate Farms: Mooscles - Funny and informative. Moooo.




2. Extra Gum:The little things - So sweet...seriously, where did I leave those dang tissues?!


1.  Honda Element: Gil the Crab - an oldie but still holds the title for BEST COMMERCIAL. EVER.

**(if you have some time, watch all of the Gil videos.  The "Big Game Spot" and the one with the lobster are also perfection)


Happy viewing!

xoxo, Bee







No comments:

Post a Comment