Monday, August 11, 2014

Curing a wicked case of home-sickness

I am a very busy bee this week, working away the days in Long Island.  Visions of the faces and places I miss so much are dancing in my head and keeping me afloat.  I can't  wait for Friday to get here so I can enjoy some east coast summer!

Top ten cures for a wicked case of homesickness:


#1 A day at the track:
I LOVE horse racing (I think it's genetic, thanks Popsie) and any excuse to get dressed up and hang out in the sun is fine by me. Saratoga is going to be so good I can taste it!!!

#2 Family Cookout:
Long overdue family time in upstate NY with all of my crazy cousins, aunts, uncles and parents!

#3 Extra Large Iced Mary Lou's Hazelnut Coffee:
If candy and coffee got together and had a baby, it would be Mary Lou's coffee.  SPECIAL TREEEAT!

#4 Beaching it by the dunes of Cahoon Hollow Beach in Wellfleet, MA:
I have had an UNBELIEVABLE summer so far, but one thing I have missed= BEACH TIME!
I just can't wait to spend the day lounging on the sand, getting kissed by the sun and laughing....all at one of my favorite beaches

#5 Apres Beach Reggae Concert at The Beachcomber:
Margaritas, Wellfleet oysters, & dancin' the night away!

#6 Lobster Roll...or two:
I crave these sandwiches 365 days a year. Hands down, the best thing you can put on a buttered bun. Lobster rolls are best served anywhere between Maine and Rhode Island.


#7 A good long run along the Charles River Esplanade:
Nothing beats a good sweat with iconic views of Boston...love that dirty water.



#8  Spending time in my Papa's veggie patch:
When I moved in May, my parent's back lawn was being torn up and prepped for a vegetable patch.  I had no idea that my father was going to start a farm. I can't wait to poke around and harvest it with him!!!
Seriously, how impressive is all of this within the city limits of Boston!
#9 JP LICKS maple-walnut cone with jimmies:
Enough said...


#10 Most importantly, time spent with these lovely faces and many more!

And then, after two exhaustingly wonderful weeks away, coming home to my happy little family and our sweet little home.  Happy Bee :)

xoxo,
Bee














1 comment: