Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Current Obsessions: Fall Edition

Here are the top 10 things I'm digging for Fall 2014:

#1 Athleta Snowscape Jacket

I was lucky enough to win a gift card to Athleta last week through, CARA (Chicago Area Runner's Assoc), and it couldn't have come at a better time! I was running low on cold weather running tops and needed to do some shopping. I went in for my awesome fitting last weekend and I focused on cozy but breathable tops. I had the hardest time deciding on just one, but eventually chose this sweet hoodie.


if only I looked this good while running...
 **If you haven't shopped Athleta yet, definitely take a look.  Both nice looking, and high performance, this gear will take you from the gym, to coffee with friends, to lazy weekends on the sofa!

#2 Vests...all of the vests

The puffer, the quilted, the fleece or the long open sweater vest...I adore them all.  They are a versatile part of every fall wardrobe (especially on days when the temperature can't seem to make up it's mind).  I like to layer mine over long sleeve t shirts, button down chambrays, thin cashmere sweaters and especially flannels.  Accessorize with a scarf, wear under a light jacket for added warmth, dress up with tall heeled boots or dress down with a pair of Chuck Taylors.

Here is a partial peek at my collection of these cozy little puffers!

Red: J Crew Winter 2012, Tan: J Crew Fall 2013,
Buffalo Plaid: J Crew Factory Fall 2014, Fleece: Vineyard Vines 2012
*When I find a good thing I get multiples...don't judge 


 #3 Cinnamon scented pine cones

I walked into Whole Foods the other day for some dill and pickling salt.  When I crossed the threshold, I was overcome by the tantalizing scent of cinnamon.  I needed to have whatever it was that made the entire store smell like fall goodness.  When I found out it was this $5 bag of pinecones, I was thrilled.  We've had little bowls of them scattered around the apartment for a week now...and it smells better than any candle we've ever owned (and less flammable too!)



#4 The ever-popular blanket scarf

If you are from northeast, female, and follow any fashion bloggers, it's likely that you have seen this scarf at least 100 times.  So, consider this the 101st time you're seeing it.  It is warm.  It is enormous.  It is wonderfully soft and snuggly.  It goes with 90% of the clothes in your closet.  It is affordable.  Now, if only the weather would drop 10 degrees so I can wear it without breaking a sweat!
The Pink Pineapple Shop
This store is located in Newport, RI and has some amazing accessories,
cashmere sweaters and gifts.  Stop in and visit the store on
Thames St or  just log onto their website!
#5 Pickles, pickles, EVERYWHERE!

I love to make handmade Christmas preserves for family and friends each year.  I never remember to do it during the harvest season, however.  Thus missing my opportunity to use locally grown produce picked at their peak, while spending extra cash on out-of-season items.

This year, though, I finally remembered...HARVEST! We cleared out the farmers market of cucumbers, peppers, onions, herbs and garlic and made a first batch of dill pickle spears this past weekend.  I can't wait to get back at the end of November and do some dilly carrots, dilly beans, bread and butter pickle chips and even some jam.  In the meantime, I'm ordering extra pickles with everything, mmmmmm!
These spicy dill's are devilishly good, and SO easy to make!
#6 Vintage inspired wool blankets

Whether on your bed, used at a picnic, or just a throw to cozy up on the couch with, these classic blankets keep you warm, and look great in any room!
**Keep an eye out for a wool blanket post coming up in the next few days!

#7 Pears

These days it's hard not to bump into a "Pumpkin Spice" flavored product.  But, let it be known, pumpkins do not have the monopoly on Autumn flavor.  The pear is both delicious, and abundantly in-season right now.  They are full of fiber, vitamins C and B-6, and sweet juicy goodness. Pick some up today!

#8 Vance Joy's 'Riptide'

This song...this song is GREAT (and has been on repeat for days). 

#9 Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Parfaits

I made these for us last fall and this year, they have become a fan favorite.  Super easy and quick to make, while still seeming fancy.  Make ahead or make to order, these will definitely wow your brunch guests.
What you'll need: 8oz Fage 0% plain greek yogurt, 1 8oz can of organic plain pumpkin,
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice,  mix these three ingredients together.  Serve a glass
in layers with banana slices, your favorite granola and almond slices.
#10 Frederic Fekkai Essential Shea Riche Moisture Mask

The temps begin to drop and the dry heat starts pumping through your radiators....it's right around now that our hair starts to look wintry dull and dry.  Have no fear though friends.  Fekkai's rich, luxurious and downright luscious scented hair mask is here to help.  It takes 5 minutes to work it's magic in your shower and you'll emerge with soft, shiny and full locks. Promise.



Do you have any must-have items for fall?  If so, please share it in the comments below!
Happy obsessing!
Bee


No comments:

Post a Comment