Thursday, May 29, 2014

*Sigh*...I finally get to decorate

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've never had a full home to decorate before.  Living with various roommates, I never got to put up old black and white photographs of my grandparents. Nor was I ever willing to use the beautiful serving platters handed down from my mother. Novelties that remind me of my best friend never seemed appropriate for a shared coffee table. You get the point.
The time was never right...until NOW!

I wanted to make our apartment the PERFECT combination me, him and us.  Luckily his penchant for all things mountain and Pacific Northwest goes nicely with my East Coast beach cottage.  Think beachy treehouse chic.  Snapshots of the faces that mean the most to us, along with artwork made just for us by loved ones complete the look of our home. Now, how to arrange ALL OF THIS STUFF!

After a long, drawn out, move in process, it is finally coming together a month later.  We still have to build the bookshelves that he's designed and building from the pallets we scored for $20 at an old warehouse last weekend. (I really am the luckiest girl to have a boy who is so handy!).  The television and flip up dinner table also need to be mounted....but nothing has ever looked more like home :)

Here are some highlight photos for now...more finishing touches to be shared later

xoxo,
Bee

Our Room

Bath

Guest Room & Office (a.k.a. my dressing room)

Modern Kitchen

Living space

No comments:

Post a Comment