Thursday, May 29, 2014

Keep Calm and Move West

This month was full of firsts.
First cross country drive (Mae's too).
First time living away from the Atlantic Ocean.
First lease (don't judge, I'm a late bloomer).
First home to DECORATE however my heart desires.
First electronic friendship (SIRI and I have become real close now that I ask her how to get everywhere...again, don't judge, Boston girls are not wired to navigate straight lines).

It was also my first grown up move.  I've moved in the past...bouncing around the east coast so much, I could make a beach ball jealous.  This time was different though. I hired a shipping container.  We chose to save $200 and load it ourselves.  In the rain. It was hard, I cried. 3 hours later,  I locked up the box and prayed that the majority of my earthly possessions would, in fact, make it to our new home, 982 miles away.  

I spent one last week with tear filled eyes, reminiscing with my best friend and mom, planning summer visits.  15 days later, the shipping box did (sort of) arrive without a hitch and I splurged on movers for the heavy lifting.  Best money I've ever spent. Sadly, I wasn't here to receive it, I was away on a business trip...thank goodness for Ty!

Check out some fun photos from the move!


Her first hotel stay in Ohio...safe to assume she loved it  



Duff's- The inventors of Buffalo Wings (In Buffalo, duh!)

Farmland in Up-state New York
Lap dog

Niagara Falls - Canadian Border and the ice boom!
Sniffing the smells of  Gary, Indiana
The big skies of Pennsylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment